This booklet gives basic principles, examples and tips for designing the educational space. The booklet was written based on the extensive knowledge and experience of the Elia Kindergarten staff with children with visual or blindness and is supported by a literature review that provides examples from around the world of designing kindergartens adapted for children with visual impairment or blindness.
לעיון והורדת החוברת Full Click here: Booklet for the design of the educational environment in the kindergarten for children with visual impairments
The booklet will answer questions:
- What is the rationale for the work that guides us at Elia for Rehabilitation Work with Children with Visually Impaired or Blindness.
- Why it is important to develop a learning environment adapted to children with visual impairment or blindness.
- Emphasis and examples for building and developing a kindergarten environment for children with visual impairment or blindness:
- Division of space and garden space
- Acoustic adjustment of space
- Lighting Adjustments
- Table of Contents
- Game Corners
- Playing / working at a table
- Treatment Room
- Toilet and bathroom
- Garden Yard
- Example of a meeting in the garden environment
- Literature review from around the world for designing a kindergarten environment adapted for children with visual impairment or blindness.